Your alarm systems home or business should be a place that family and friends feel safe and secure. Having a CPI Security System is a great start.
|Home Fire Escape Plan
When fire strikes, get out and stay out! Help keep your family safe and prepared by making your own fire escape plan.
Unless the fire is small and can be extinguished easily, don’t try to fight the fire on your own. Get out of your home using your fire escape plan and let the firefighters take care of the fire.
- Install smoke detectors on every level of your home and in or near every sleeping area. Learn how CPI’s monitored fire communicator is superior to a standard smoke detector.
- If you live in a building with more than one level, have escape ladders for upstairs rooms.
- Draw a home escape route that shows 2 ways out of every room.
- Make sure that windows and doors can be unlocked and opened quickly
- Choose a special meeting place in front of your house or apartment where the.
- Everyone in your family should be familiar with your escape plan
- Experts recommend that you practice your escape plan at least twice a year.
If a fire breaks out…
- Stay calm. Alert all the members of your family that there is a fire.
- Check closed doors with the back of your hand. If you feel heat DON’T OPEN IT. Use your secondary escape route.
- If there is smoke, crawl on your hands and knees.
- Make your way out together, according to your escape plan.
- Do not open any doors other than the ones you need to escape through.
- When everyone is safe outside, call the fire department from a cell phone or neighbors home.
- DO NOT GO BACK IN THE HOUSE for any reason until the fire department tells you it is safe.
Contact CPI today to learn more about monitored fire detection from CPI Security.