Here are some other home safety and home protection ideas to help ensure
your home & family are safe and secure:
- Make sure you have good locks on all exterior doors. Reinforce exterior door frames and lock all doors any time you leave the house.
- Close garage doors whether at home or away.
- Lock all gates on fences around property.
- Don’t leave anything of value-including tools, bikes or lawn equipment on sidewalks, lawn or driveway.
- Have a trusted friend, neighbor or family member keep an eye on your home while you’re away on business or vacations.
- Never keep a large amount of cash in your house. Store valuables, such as jewelry, in a safety deposit box.
- To deter after-dark thefts, use exterior lighting to illuminate possible hiding places around the house and make sure bushes and hedges are trimmed back so they don’t provide concealment.